Gender Matters can provide bespoke training or an accredited training course entitled Inclusive Services for Trans People.
The OCN accredited course
Gender Matters offers a new accredited training course for professionals working for any type of service provider. This lively, participative, one-day course is accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) and is worth 1 Credit at Level 2. Accreditation is gained on successful completion of the one-day course and workbook. The workbook which can either be done at the end of the day or sent in afterwards.
Who would benefit from this course?
- Professionals working in public sector, for example health professionals, people who work with children and young people, police etc.
- Anyone working in a customer service role
- Organisations who wish to ensure all their front-facing staff have a basic level of trans awareness, and to provide evidence of this
- Anyone with an interest in improving the service they deliver and ensuring that it is inclusive, appropriate and welcoming for the whole community
- Understand the diversity and range of issues affecting various trans communities
- Know current equalities legislation in relation to trans individuals
- Know how to promote trans equality in own professional context
- Be able to use inclusive language in relation to trans people
- Know that trans individuals exist and have existed in all cultures
- Know how to access support for trans individuals
The course is designed for a maximum of 16 people and can be delivered at your place of work or at the Gender Matters’ centre. The cost is £100 per participant, which includes the OCN accreditation (if the participant successfully meets the learning objectives). For further details, or to book a course, contact us.
Please contact us to discuss the design of your bespoke training course.